Saturday, January 11, 2014

Connected, but alone?



Hi everyone,

I haven't blogged in a long time.   I often think about issues that keep coming up in my practice.   I seem to be working so much that I don't have time to sit down to write about it.  However, after listening to this Ted Talk by Sherry Turkle, I felt I had to post this so my followers would listen to this very important talk about the negative effects of  substituting cell phone texting for human connection. When it comes to the single most talked about problems in a marriage, the lack of human contact through talking, touching, and gazing in each others eyes, which have been  replaced by emails, texting, television and other tech and robotic substitutes is staggering, painful and harmful to the marriage.  May I remind each couple every night, to put down your cell phones, turn off the television and the computer and just hang out and talk for 15 minutes each day.  This alone can help to rejuvenate a marriage and make you feel more engaged and connected.  This is what every couple wants and needs.

 Sherry Turkle: Connectedbut alone? | Video on TED.com
  • Apr 3, 2012
    ... and online personas are redefining human connection and communication -- and
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment